View Single Post
      04-29-2013, 09:09 AM   #1
The Nerd
Major
Rep
Drives: 22 M3 Comp xDrive

2 M Perf. Exhaust Questions

As the title states, I'm thinking about having the M Performance Exhaust installed on my week old 335i (I have the MPPK on it).

My first question is....will they have to do any coding/recoding with the exhaust install? My gut tells me no, but after thinking about....the flaps inside the exhaust are electronically activated (only one open during cold start), so wouldn't they have to do some recoding? I mean, if the "golf tee" mod throws a code for heavens sakes, wouldn't replacing the entire electrically operated flapping system (inside the new exhsust) demand coding? I only ask because I want to stay away from recoding for a while after having my MPPK installed. It would be just my luck that a clueless tech would "erase" the MPPK software with the exhaust install....I'd rather not deal with that headache.

My second question deals with longevity. My original stock exhaust probably has a lifespan of 10 or more years (I plan on keeping the car for the long haul). Now that I will be "interrupting" that by sawing off my stock exhaust to put the MPE on, am I disrupting the longevity of the exhaust and opening myself up for corrosion in a few years? I live in northern Ohio...lots of salt on the roads.
Appreciate 0