View Single Post
      04-15-2012, 09:59 PM   #27
1speedbike
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M40i, 2008 135i

I kind of see what OP is saying, honestly. Kids will obviously be kids.. and they deserve to be.. but you don't see kids acting up in museums, school, etc. I don't agree with everything OP said, but I do take offense to neglectful parents who just let their kids run wild.. that's not good.

It's not rude to bring a small child or a baby to a restaurant. But it is rude to allow the poor kid to cry without addressing it - unfair to the kid and the whole restaurant. I don't see how kids messing up cars that aren't your own (buttons, etc) could annoy anyone... but I can see how if it was "my turn", and I had kids all around, had to worry about catching their fingers in doors, and it honestly detracted from my enjoyment of the car when the parent could just say "wait your turn, Jimmy!", then yeah it's annoying. As OP said, it's the parent and not the kid. The kid deserves to enjoy the show to the fullest, and other people shouldn't worry if the kid is messing up the car... but everyone else is also entitled to enjoying the show too, and when bad parents let their kids be a little too crazy, it sucks for everyone. I feel like I see lots of very terrible parents every day. Mothers with kids speeding and driving recklessly, people flat out ignoring their crying kid in public places, kids on "leashes"...

Appreciate 0