View Single Post
      10-07-2012, 03:25 AM   #34
BMWinGE
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

2013 -Audi A4 fwd. Very disappointed with this car. Acceleration was sub-par to everything else I drove, including the Passat. And I felt the interior was pretty boring. Maybe I should drive an S4 to be fair but the base no-line 3 series is far ahead of this car.

2011 328i. I drove this car for 6 weeks while I waited on my F30 328i. It reminded me of why I HAD to get a 335i in 2007, the engine just doesn't do it for me. The new N20 owns it IMO.

2012 BMW 528i - Boring, did not like the driving experience in this car.

2013 BMW X1 35i M-sport - This car is based on the E90 wagon, so its not as refined as the F30 and has a different seating position (you are right up on the windshield) but overall pretty fun to drive. Good choice if looking for a small CUV.

2012 Mercedes C250 Sport - This one surprised me. Its an older model so its not as refined as the new F30, and not as fast, but the engine makes good sounds for a 1.8T and it was a pretty good driving experience. I enjoyed this more than the A4 FWD and E90 328i.

2011 Volkswagen GTI. Loved this car for fit & finish and driving experience. Just a little small for what I needed and I prefer RWD.

2012 Volkswagen Passat 3.6 and TDI. Very impressed with this car. Not quite in the same performance category as the 3 series but if carrying the family in comfort was first priority this may have been my choice.

2012 Volkswagen GLI. I wanted to love this car based on my GTI experience and I liked the styling and price. However, it just wasn't quite the same experience as in the GTI. Not bad, just not enough to sway me from the 3 series.
Appreciate 0