03-11-2013, 06:37 PM   #48
Frzdrdhppy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 335i xD GT Estoril/Oyster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckimmel View Post
That is pretty funny. I will tell you that the "regular" sales staff at Defouw BMW does not seem that great. It happens that my father-in-law had leased a small fleet of vehicles for a company there in Lafayette from Defouw GMC/Chevrolet, so I used his sales person and he just ran the deal through the BMW portion. Nice guy, not super knowledgeable about BMWs, but if you know what you want and fill out the specs exactly, he is good to work with. If you are like me, and on a whim decide to "just" get a 3 series, better read up on it more before ordering.

Anyhow, D&R will barely give me the time of day when I go in there. You can just feel when someone is judging you to not be able to afford their product. I had to practically tackle someone to help us. Mind you we had just driven a $69g lexus prior to going to there and they helped us without hesitation. I found that Mercedes dealership on 96th to be the best I have dealt with though.

The way I approached the deal with Defouw was to find what I believed to be my best reasonable deal online, using consumer reports and this web site and then ask the salesperson if we had a deal. He green lighted it, so 335 will be here next week. If you are in the market again, PM me for his name.

Incidentally, I just got the email telling me my car is at the dealer. Oh man, it is going to be a tough couple of days waiting to go pick it up.
Congrats! Next couple of days will be hell, haha! Thanks for the offer, but my new one is sitting at "Bimmerheaven" waiting on a boat. They know me well now at D&R, and I always get the same great deal through Kevin, my CA. Also, Mike is my SA who also is great if you need to take yours there for service.
Appreciate 0