08-23-2012, 12:06 PM   #24
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopper99 View Post
After owning the 330d pre-LCI for 2 years and LCI for 1 year I'd have to say there is no loss in sharpness whatsoever. The handling is exactly the same - but without the absolute awful bone shaking ride of the pre-LCI M Sport. In fact I've just recently been testing with the tyre pressures and by up'ing them slightly, the handling seems a little better still.

The new 245 bhp engine has a slightly different power delivery. The power on the old one does come in a bit more abruptly so feels quite punchy. The new engine is slightly more linear but does still pull well. The new one does feel slightly quicker, but its a job to tell. I bought my current car brand new so its a job to compare a old 60K miles with a new one that needed to be run in. Also, its getting better all the time and now done just over 7k miles. Even the dealer said this engine needs a good 8K before it comes alive and this has also been said by the guys on e90post.

One thing I did notice is first gear off the mark is quite rapid compared to the old one. I guess that one of the reasons how they got the 0-60 down 0.5 sec.

Note also, both cars were/are 6sp manual.
I am afraid the 330D is a new engine coming out soon, no one has driven it hear yet. 258BHP/560Nm

PS) estoril II and beige leather is what I have ordered on my 330D M Sport touring.

Last edited by JOHNBMWM5; 08-23-2012 at 12:31 PM..
Appreciate 0