View Single Post
      06-28-2012, 11:54 AM   #16
n55x3
Captain
Rep
Drives: n55 BMWs

I'm struggling with the exact same dilemma, but I added in a very lightly used C63 into the mix. I'd like to stick with RWD but kept the S4 in the loop due to it's performance.

I've driven the 335 sport line, S4 and C63. Hands down the 335 was the worst performer of the 3 I've driven. Not that that is a bad thing because I don't think the 335's mission statement is to be the fastest. The S4 was really nice and decently quick but the C63 was on a totally different level. I made the mistake of taking my wife with me on the C63 test drive and when we brought it back to the dealer we both had a similar impression: totally impractical for our lifestyle and needs. Sucks too because of the 3 the C63 is the one I think about daily.

I'd like to get some seat time in an IS-f but the one thing that constantly nags on me is the dual exhaust stacks in the rear. I absolutely can't stand them and that's probably enough to keep me from buying the Lexus. If the drive was THAT good maybe I could ignore the rear end.

I am a BMW fan so I think I'm secretly holding out for a performance version of the 3 series slotted somewhere below the incoming M3. Maybe a 340i or something? I'm also holding out the decision until I see if a Wagon 335i comes to the US.
Appreciate 0