View Single Post
      09-22-2012, 07:38 PM   #12
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Fenomeno 415 View Post
I'm taking delivery next week and I am obsessing over not ordering the full tech package hence no HUD for me. I just ordered the standalone navigation. After reading posts most people with HUDs love theirs but also a few seem indifferent and say its underwhelming. Wanted to ask people's opinion on must having a HUD or not and how it effects their actual driving experience. I know its a helpful option but does not having it spoil anything significant about the driving experience?

I passed on it while configuring because BMW Apps does not interest me whatsoever and I felt HUD was just an extra something "cool" to have in the car.

Thoughts??
I understand the appeal of this nifty HUD.
I can see my speedo and tach and still see the road in front of me, and it's never been a problem.
It's not like you have to completely divert your eyes from the road and directly stare at the speedo and tach to see it, or so much so that HUD makes driving so much safer.

I do like the NAV function in the HUD though. That seems very useful.
But having too many HUD items in your line of sight could distract certain drivers as well, if they're too busy admiring all the HUD info.

I tried it in a couple of test cars. It's neat, but certainly not a
"must have", imo.

Last edited by RPM90; 09-22-2012 at 07:46 PM..
Appreciate 0