View Single Post
      11-08-2012, 07:30 PM   #16
ybbiz34
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2023 330i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tremolo View Post
I just got my car back from the dealer. They replaced the front brake pads and sensors. The Service Advisor told me that it's actually the sensors that make the noise. Whatever it was, the squeal is gone for now. We'll see how it goes over the next few days.

I also got the ASS coded to remember the last setting.
Nice choice with the ASS reprogramming. I still need to get that done when I get my winter tires put on the car.

Also, I think your SA could be correct about the sensors being the problem. My rotors, brakes, and sensors were all replaced. I think my dealer went with the most aggressive solution possible because they felt bad I had to bring it in 2 times for the same problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinf79 View Post
No issues on my end (thus far) and I have the M Sport Brakes ... fingers crossed (still in break-in period mind you)...
Fingers crossed for you my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
bringing my car in next week. After all the bullshit i had had to go through with the last car, my patience will be short with this. I am pretty much going to tell them to fix it asap or order me the m performance brakes, and they can pay for them,
I hear ya. That's actually a good idea! I really hope my squealing woes are behind me but if I have to bring it in for a third time, I'll probably ask for the same (i.e., give me the M performance brake rotors, etc.)!
Gone: '18 W205 C43 Sedan
Gone: '13 W204 C63 Sedan
Appreciate 0