Thread: Twin Cities
View Single Post
      03-22-2013, 02:43 PM   #7
reedo302
Estorilblau Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan Estoril 328i M Sport

It really depends on what you're looking for. I've had great service at both. I have no experience with BMW of Mtka's service department since they moved, but back when they were Sears BMW, I had excellent service from their parts and service departments, but also the same with Motorwerks.

For the 2013 BMW Center of Excellence Awards, BMW of Mtka was rated #31 and Motorwerks was rated #32 if that gives you any idea how close they really are. Everything you hear from people will be anecdotal based on personal preference.
In 2012, Mtka was ranked #29, but Motorworks did not receive an award. Neither made it in 2011.

I would say that it would really depend on what is closer to you and what fits your needs better. The customer amenities are better at Minnetonka IMO. However, it's sort of just open to what you want. For me, Mtka wins out because it's 9 miles from my house. When I put out an electronic submission to dealerships across the midwest, I got my offer from Motorwerks before Mtka, and took the Motorwerks offer to Mtka and asked for a better price, so they beat it. I did a dealership Thunderdome with several dealerships to get my car for under invoice (includes incentives).
For me, the big plus for Motorwerks is that they are a Dinan dealer/service center, and Mtka is not. I want to Dinan3 my car once they come out with stuff, in which case I'll have to switch to Motorwerks for service.
Appreciate 0