View Single Post
      11-17-2012, 05:37 PM   #17
F30-Sport-2013
2013 328i Sport, Alpine White, w/Premium/Nav. Pkg.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 328i Sport Alpine W.

Xenon Headlights adjustment

Well, I just got a call from the dealer to pick up my plates, so I'll take the opportunity at the dealer and request to adjust the headlights. BTW, checking the description for the Lighting package (see pic taken from BMWUSA website), it says that headlights have "a dynamic auto-leveling feature to adjust automatically beams depending of cargo and or passengers loads..." so perhaps the system automatically "compensate" any adjustment/alignment done only with that screws. Perhaps code is required to introduce for set up the lights (any info?)...

BTW, I will also ask to turn Auto Start/Stop OFF by default (and still get the flexibility to turn on) or sets the A.S.S function in memory as last used setting. Additionally, (I'm just curious) my car also came with beacon light (sort of strobe light) attached to the rear mirror (similar to the picture attached but clear color) and, according to the car's manual, this light is part of the alarm system. The car's features data sheet doesn't indicate that the alarm is included with it (for US market, the alarm option cost an additional 400$), but the car already have premium pkg. (including Comfort Access), Technology Pkg, Lighting pkg. and heated front seats. Maybe I'm wrong, but with the comfort access already there, I'm suspecting that all the alarm's hardware is already installed in the car (horn & alarm light are there, right?) so could be just a matter of "code activation".... so I will ask at the dealer's service and get some answers... With the alarm installed the only thing additional that I'm looking for is get the sound and light alarm at activation. Perhaps they can code this too.
I will post any info.
Attached Images