300hp
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: X5 & 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by drob23
Quote:
Originally Posted by 300hp View Post
No C&D has not tested an F30/2 xdrive. I was referring to the rwd 335i they tested, they recorded 4.6s.

I still think for a non professional driver on all seasons to beat a professional driver on staggered summers is impressive, especially given this is his first attempt. I am sure with attempts to carry less weight and better tires he can take more time off
Like I said earlier in the thread, the DA plays a huge role in how the car runs in the 1/4 mile. From what we know, the OP had a really nice DA to run with. So it's not out of the realm of possibility that he beats what a magazine ran. You can also tell from his times (namely consistency) that launching an automatic AWD car is not exactly rocket science (i.e. doesn't need to be "professional" magazine driver).

A MT RWD car with high torque/power would require a lot more skill. These cars just require figuring out how to prevent the ECU from cutting power, the trans from short shifting and brake torquing the launch correctly. Also, I doubt staggered tires help in drag racing an AWD car like this, where the engine isn't really putting out enough torque - staggering tires is really for RWD cars (especially ones without LSD's) to provide added rear grip and neuter the throttle oversteer a bit (staggered tires create understeer).
Hey man, just taking things at face value here

It's ok to get into the details but given what we know the guy beat C&D. (For example do you know the DA when C&D tested their car, btw their car weighed about 200lbs less than his) I will give him that credit, he beat them and now it's up to us ( and him) to beat him.

FYI xdrive is a 60:40 split so for straight line stuff the additional grip offered by the rear wheels in the staggered summer tires setup should help.

Deep Sea Blue Metallic 2013 X5 35d Sport
Prem, Convenience, Cold and Premium Sound packages
Appreciate 0