07-13-2015, 03:54 PM   #2
Halsifer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi RS7

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwik320 View Post
Forum and BMW owner Rookie.. hopefully this post will not sound to dumb.

I have a 2015 320i with M sport package.. has about 4k miles on it. I purchased it as "used" program car in March when it had about 2k miles on it.

Im not sure If im just noticing it or if its a new issue, but I have a slight pull to the right if my hands leave the wheel. It will drift straight for about 2 seconds and then start a drift to the right. I booked an apt. at the BMW service and was told (without them driving it or inspecting it) that a slight pull to the right is "bmw standard design" and would not service the vehicle.

Im thinking this is not an accurate statement.. but wanted to ask the forum for advice on this one.

Few extra details:

Tire pressure is 32 lbs on all 4 tires. The right sides may be down a few tenths, but not sure thats enough to cause the drift.. unless there is a tread issue going on.

Had to add air to all 4 tires after owning it for 4 weeks. All 4 tires reported very low 27 to 28 lbs. one morning.. couldnt even get into sport mode becasue of the run flat tire warnings.

Thanks for the help!
Inaccurate statement, I do believe a pull to the right is not standard BMW design, or any vehicle design for that matter. You are likely out of alignment. It can happen at anytime with any vehicle just by road imperfections. Your vehicle should be aligned. Alignments are typically not provided under warranty or maintenance. So you could have a BMW dealership perform this for a likely very high price, or any tire shop that you may trust.

If all 4 tires were low on pressure evenly, it's likely because of whether. Either that, or someone is evilly letting air out of your tires on a very even and sophisticated level. It's very unlikely that it's because of a leak or alignment.
2014 BMW 335i xDrive M-Sport [Sold]
2010 Audi A6 3.0T [Sold]
Appreciate 0