NFS
United_States
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesons Viggen
Quote:
Originally Posted by VANOS View Post
Alright guys, I finally did my 0-60 with the tune... Before i put up my results, to let everyone know, my car is a 2013 automatic F30 328i Sedan (baseline model) N26 engine.

Now, my car has no other modifications. The only thing i have on my car is the BMS JB Stage 1 Tune. Other than that, just 19" Wheels, THAT'S IT! I used 91 octane. I didn't have a full tank, I had 78 miles left till empty. Put the settings in Sport Mode with traction on. As far as the weather, it was 66F(19C). No wind, no rain. Roads were dry and were paved ok. A few little tiny bumps, but thats it. It was a clear night. Time was 2:00 AM.

Without tune (no modification, no racing fuel, using only 91 octane):
1st run: (0-60mph: 5.8)
2nd run: (0-60mph: 5.7)

With tune (BMS JB Stage 1 Tune only on the car, no racing fuel, using only 91 octane):
1st run: (0-60mph: 5.5)
2nd run: (0-60mph: 5.3)

*With and without tune were tested on different days, but around the same time and same weather conditions. Everything was about the same. I used a stopwatch to time the runs, and was very accurate with the time. From the moment I pushed the pedal all the way down, till i reached at exactly 60mph.

The verdict is that the tune is honestly amazing, but not 0-60mph 4.9s amazing. It's definitely a great tune for the buck! It definitely blows aFe Scorcher Module out of the water, because a Stage 2 from BMS Shall be coming soon and i cant wait to install that on and test it out. I have a feeling my car will then go from 0-60 4.9s having stage 2 on, which i cant wait to get!

You are not going to hit 4.9 with traction control on, look at Edmunds.com 0-60 times, they post times for with and without traction control on, times for this car are an easy .3 slower. So factor in the 93 octane and 4psi boost and no traction control on with a proper launch and you should hit pretty close to 4.9. If your 19's are heavier than stock, well that is slowing you down too.
You know, i have tried with and without traction control and it wasn't much faster. It was like .1 seconds faster :/ i will definitely have a go again with and without traction control on just to be sure. As far as my wheels, they are lighter than my stock wheels, so thats ok. But i will have a go again asap! And post up my results... And as i mentioned earlier for the fuel thing i am just basing it off with something more practical you know. For those who just want to fill up using only but 91. Becsuse i know in some places its hard to get abything over 91 unless you are at the track. But that's how im looking at it.
Appreciate 0