12-19-2012, 09:22 AM   #69
MarkW83
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
I've just insured through LV as my 7 day insurance is running out. They didn't come up as the cheapest originally but the others elephant, esure, Admiral, Diamond all wanted to charge for factory fitted options, LV states they are not considered a modification.

As a single guy I find it stupid adding a second driver makes it drop by £100. So I've added my ex as a named driver.
LV seem to be the best; however they wanted £1600 for me just when I added the black grilles etc., went up from £1100! So I ended up going with Elephant at £1150 inc. all mods and options; I have also just today got it in writing from them that they will cover all options (I have them all listed) and mods; which is/was actually quite difficult to do - usually they can only list max. 6 either options or modifications! They made a mess up though and I received an email today saying that "because of the change to your policy [which was just stating what I already said to them on the phone] we will be refunding £70". Lol, so their crapness does sometimes work to your advantage

Just sorted GAP out today as well, £199 for 3 years from ALA.

Hope you have a weekend off the detailing this weekend Richard