Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cla250 View Post
I had 2 issues:
1. idrive screen went blank at about 800 miles. I tried to press everything and turn off the engine, it was still blank. The next morning, it was back normal, working fine again.
2. Drivetrain malfuction appeared on idrive screen at about 1300 miles. I was driving on the freeway about 75mph then it slow down to about 45mph and just can't go any faster. So I took the exit and restart the engine. I drove around the block and seem to be working fine but engine light was on. I drove the car to the dealer the next morning. They read 3 faults from the check engine light and here's the
Recommendation:
- REPLACE ELECTRIC WASTEGATE ACTUATOR

anyone has the same problem? Only 1350 miles on the car.... 4 weeks old!
I had this problem on my 2012 328i multiple times, except they did something different to fix it every time. That term "wastegate actuator" sounds familiar though based on what I remember vaguely from the paperwork. BMW ended up taking back my car.

Appreciate 0