View Single Post
      12-29-2012, 07:08 AM   #48
screenshot
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 LCI M3 2015

Did some research based on the 2 products mentioned in this thread. The Wolf's Chemical Hard Body which is a sealant, the Swissvax Blau-Weiss 40% Carnauba wax. I do not have an intimate knowledge of these products nor much experience except to polish/wax every 6 months.

The Wolf's Chemical option is much cheaper when you can get the sealant and cleaner online for around $110-120 delivered. From the photos in this thread, it looks quite good and I'm guessing it has all the necessary properties like making the car shine, protecting the paint from harsh chemicals, bird droppings and being aqua-phobic.

The Swissvax option costs about $230 just for the 200ml wax and cleaner. It says it will go for 20 applications so one can expect it to last at least 5 years. It's a great product i'm sure, but is it really worth paying this sort of money if all I want to achieve is genuine paint protection i.e. getting that hardy film on to protect against the elements? Anyways, wife thinks $200 for some wax is ludicrous. I also know that it wil product a mirror like car show finish but that's not really that important to me.

My future F30 expected in April will be Sapphire Black FYI.
Appreciate 0