View Single Post
      01-11-2012, 10:48 AM   #39
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

We recently went through the same sort of process/analysis and ended up with the Jetta TDI wagon. It's been great so far. Though, I suspect we may have ended up in a E91 320d or X1 20d if they were available stateside.

Regarding ED, I think the X1 should be available through that program just as the F31 will, since it is manufactured in Europe (unlike other BMW SAVs built for US consumption).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
I think that is a pretty good analysis. We are shopping for a vehicle for my wife, and have strongly considered the following options from cheapest to most expensive: 2012 CR-V (redesign)/E84 (if that thing ever shows up)/F31/F25.

I know SCOTT26 says the X1 is coming, but I don't know if we can wait another 8-9 months. March intro would be OK. F31 is nice because my wife really wants an excuse for another ED trip (yep, she's cool), and F25 is my favorite. But F25 28i loaded with options is $20K more than a CR-V. Honestly my wife thinks a new CR-V and a F25 28i are equivalent in virtually all respects.
Appreciate 0