View Single Post
      08-10-2012, 12:27 PM   #236
mozdal
Private First Class
Turkey
Rep
Drives: E84 & F20 & F10

I don't know it is related to the problems on F30s but I had the exact same issue with my X1 xDrive20d. It was one of the earliest productions of X1 worldwide, Nov 2009. Steering wheel was starting to shake at around 95 km/h (60 mph). I went to service for this almost 15 times and every time I went they said it was because of my tires or they're not properly balanced. I bought a set of new tires but no luck. At last, I got the demo X1 from the dealer and drove it on the exact same roads for 2 days without any vibration. I took both my car and the demo car to the service, they blamed it on the tires again, I made them swap the tires and rims of the cars. Demo car was perfect and mine was still shaking. The car stayed in the shop for 20 days. They changed everything including the steering wheel box. At the and they solved it by changing the UPPER SWINGS. Its been nearly a year now after the fix and there are no issues with the steering wheel.

Hope that helps.

PS: There was a 328i with the same issue at the dealer. It stayed at the service for 20 days and now it is on sale at the dealer.
Appreciate 0