Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundel335
Quote:
Originally Posted by RambleJ View Post
Hmmm not a single response.. Interesting..
I've had full Dinan S3 on a 2001 330i, a 2003 330iZHP, and my recently-sold 2007 335i Coupe. Never once had a problem of any sort, never had any issues with warranty. Dinan's been around a long time and continues to have a good relationship with BMW and BMW dealers. They have built racing engines for cars that participate in LeMans, Daytona, and other national and international racing venues. My dealer sells and installs Dinan software and engine/chassis parts. Dinan's tune level for the N54/N55 is not one that would cause blown turbos or other serious engine damage unless there's a defective part in the mix.

There are those of us who prefer what Dinan offers and those who don't. It's a personal choice, and it all depends on your point of view and the relationship you have with your dealer - and how you drive and treat your car. I like Dinan's racing reputation and will probably stay with their products, although I don't plan on doing too much to my F30. That said, the BMW power pack for the E9x N55-powered cars was underrated, and definitely worth looking at as an alternative.
How underrated?
Was it putting down nearly 400 TQ like Dinan?

PPK would be easier for those with extended warranties for sure...
Great insight!

M Performance Exhaust/Brakes/Suspension/LSD|Bav Stage 1/AMP||ER CP/IC/DP/OC | Dinan CAI/N55 PWG BIG TURBO|BMWF30.com
Appreciate 0