Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 535 xDrive MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by jippii ensio
Quote:
Originally Posted by S-Dot View Post
Given what happened with the E90-to-F30 transition, why would you think this?
What happened was that F30 was supposed to be light, but when the magazines drove it to the scales, it was heavy and a big disappointment.

Let's compare the production versions. The actual 4-series test cars are out there and don't look nearly as good as the concept car.
You are either talking out of your ass or trolling.

I've heard that the electric steering is a bit of a let-down. I'm an xDrive guy so I don't care. Other than that, the worst I've heard is that the F30 is a little less edgy than the E90 and might be aimed at a different buying preference. That's different than "a big disappointment". Actually I'm coming off of an E60, so the direction the F30 has gone appeals to my preference and I bet I am not alone.

The F30 was a Motor Trend Car of the Year finalist again and is on the Car and Driver 10Best list, again. It's a fantastic car unless someone has a personal agenda for it not being one, like maybe they bought an E90 six months ago.

Let us know more about all the uncamouflaged test F32 cars you've been seeing. Send us a picture of one of them. And post your sources for these scathing reviews of the F30. Because I'm not running across them myself.