Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by The X Men
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayusaFL View Post
*** UPDATE ***
Alright, so I brought the car back this past Tuesday. I dropped it off at 9am and received a call at 5pm saying that they ordered the wrong windshield. The windshield was for an X3. Apparently, the model # is very similar. The right one arrived this morning (Wed). I went to pick the car up this afternoon and guess what?? The wind noise has reduced quite a lot but it is still noticeable. HOWEVER, they messed up the right A pillar cover during the installation. (It's scratched on several areas).
Luckily, the A pillar cover can just be snapped out without touching the dashboard.
Anyway, this has been a nightmare!!! Again, I wish I would have left this whole wind noise issue ALONE!!!
For all your troubles, did the dealer upgrade your X3 windshield to the X5 windshield. Sorry, couldnt resist. If I were you, I would never go back to this dealer again, if they cannot do a simple job such as a windshield replacment right, I would have no confidence in them with more complicated jobs.

That was funny! Lol
On a serious note, you are right. That was such an easy job and yet the messed up 100 times.
The problem is that Fields BMW own all the BMW dealers around me.
I'm terrified that they may mess up the A pillar cover installation and screw something else.
Appreciate 0