02-11-2013, 04:48 PM   #14
DieselRocket
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 435d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich1068 View Post
Certainly minor bumps, not so much bad road surfaces. And the noise appears to come from the nearside rear. Your original description is spot on. The sort of noise you'd hear riding in the back of a badly maintained mini cab.

To be honest I noticed it within half an hour of picking up the car but just couldn't believe it. Not after everything I've been through to get into this car. I've also tried emptying everything out of the boot to no avail.

When is yours in?
Hi Rich,

That's spooky - you're describing exactly what I get. The nearside rear makes clonking noises over fairly minor bumps (e.g. slightly recessed manhole cover at 30mph in town). Nearside front seems to be second most easily provoked by bigger bumps but, if I go over sustained bumps across the whole road surface, I can clearly hear the sound coming independently from all four wheels. In my book, there's no way the car should make this sound - I think we have faulty AS ... :-)

My car is being collected by the dealer from my office tomorrow and they're going to have it for the day. I'll let you know if they come up with anything, although I fear them reporting that 'there is no issue, sir ...' That will make me an unhappy customer and I'll have to take the car in myself and take the service manager out for a ride.

Anyone else?
Appreciate 0