11-12-2016, 01:38 PM   #1
puttforedough12
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F30 335I M-Sport (US Spec

F30 Oil Leak??? Engine Out Of Car!

USA,

I am back from being oversees in Germany for the last 3 years. Picked up my 2 year old 335i F30 M Sport (bsm) at the Oxnard, CA port. Took the trek out to Las Vegas and have been here in the area for a couple months now. Noticed a small oil leak in the garage and was hoping for maybe a loose drain plug. After pulling off all of the undercarriage plastic, was stunned on how much oil I saw... Noting that the drain plug was fine. Oil cap and oil filter fine. Engine oil measures good. This is when panic started to set in. Even though I have full warranty, I was scared for my baby. Scheduled a visit with my SA ASAP. Dropped her off and got a call the next day with an update. My knowledge about cars and BMWs are very entry level. The call was two leaks, oil filter housing gasket and drain pan gasket. Was told a simple 25 mile run the next morning to check leaks and she should be good to go. No phone call the next day. I called them last night and the leak has now moved to the valve cover gasket, which means my engine is out of the car right now and won't be ready for about 4 more days. I miss my car. I hope she is going to be OK. Anyone have an engine pulled and put back in? Will she still be my ultimate driving machine?

SA had mentioned very unusual for such a low milage car to have these issues. My thoughts were not voiced but coming from the autobahn, and the speeds achieved, hopefully didn't accelerate the current situation.

Just wanted to share my current scenario.

Cheers
Appreciate 0