Rep
Drives: 2007 e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by puttforedough12 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Fleet
Quote:
Originally Posted by puttforedough12 View Post
I was told the oil didn't have to be replaced, even with the die added?
Leak test die does not require the oil to be changed afterwards.

You even get engines from the factory with it in. They hot test every X engines.
You can tell when it is a hot test engine when you open the oil cap and find florescent green oil in a brand new car. It only replaced at teh regular scheduled engine oil change.
Thank you. That actually makes sense after you mention it. No leaks yet after 150mi

My car has been in for 35 days. I've had all common leaks fixed and I'm only at 49k miles on a 2014 435I. They pulled the heads off and actually pulled the block out with intentions of placing the heads completely. They were saying i has porous aluminum at first but today said all of block and heads are in great shape and are replacing the head gasket only. It was leaking oil only, no coolant mix or anything.

The leaks were pooling around the intake and ending up sitting down on my cover and i they were pretty bad leaks. So I'm hoping they are right about the gaskets. Sometimes they can get bent or warped but they ended said the head gasket looked fine. Glad i have a warranty!
If i see another drop in the floor i will just trade it that same day for a g20. This time I'm not mentioning it. They can deal with it when they go to sell the car. I'm sick of the bs at the dealership.
Appreciate 0