View Single Post
      04-17-2013, 11:13 PM   #157
CKau
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 Xdrive30i M sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemark81 View Post
Do you have wind noise as well or just the road noise? I have wind noise that becomes obtrusive over 45 mph. If I hold a glove or towel in the upper rear corner of the side window, along the b-pillar, it isolates it nicely. It is the same on the passenger side as well. My dealer is aware of it, but I suspect nothing will be able to be done to fix it, especially at this location. I don't see any gaps or anything that would lead me to believe an adjustment of any type would fix it. I believe it is just an inherent design flaw. I am going to try to get something manufactured to fit in this area that doesn't look as obvious as a towel duct taped to the window.
I have wind noise as the windows are thin and there is little soundproof padding in the doors. There is a thread actually showing this in this forum. For that reason I also hear traffic clearly even with closed doors and windows.

There is also excessive road roar even on non run flats. This is a suspension noise transmission issue and also a sign of cost cutting in padding.

If I wanted a noisey unrefined sports car I would have saved the cash and bought a wrx. Huge disappointment
Appreciate 0