View Single Post
      05-11-2012, 10:56 PM   #311
verbs
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaX PL View Post
if youre buying a package, you cant just start subtracting things.
it'll cost you $3500 for the whole package or you dont get the package at all.

it'll likely come stock with 18s, and the 19s may be an additional charge; possibly another $1k.
the paint will be an additional $550 on top of the package price.

just go price out a 335i coupe and see how the pricing works for that; this shouldnt be far off.
I know the money doesn't literally get substracted from the $3500 package price; I was trying to illustrate that the $3500 package comes with some features that I would have paid for separately when building a car without the m-sport package which makes the $3500 package a better deal for me.

To simplify.....I was going to get the following options below on my car if I wasn't going to get the M-sport and just get a sport line (keep in mind I only picked 19" wheels here so I could get 255mm tires on the rear; with the M-sport model I would just keep the stock 18" wheels that come with it since they do come with 255mm tires):

Sport line only build:

MSRP
Base Vehicle $42,400

Sport Line $1,700
Imperial Blue Metallic $550
19" wheels with mixed tires $900
Adaptive M Suspension $900

Grand Total $46,450

However, if the M-sport package deletes the sport line, comes with the adaptive suspension and metallic paint as part of the package, then I wouldn't need to pay extra on top of the m-sport package for those features. And as mentioned above, I wouldn't need the 19" wheels because the M-sports 18" wheels come with 255mm tires. So the M-sport with the options/features I'm looking for above, assuming they all come as part of the M-sport package, would be:

MSRP
Base Vehicle $42,400

M-sport package $3,500

Grand Total $45,900

See what I mean? The M-sport package won't really cost me any more than what I was going to order anyway without the M-sport package.

I'm just trying to verify whether or not the adaptive M suspension and Estoril Blue paint actually are included in the M-sport package or cost extra on top of the $3500, and whether or not the M-sport package cost has to be added to the sport line package cost, or if getting M-sport would remove the $1700 sport line package cost.
Appreciate 0