01-20-2013, 04:58 AM   #28
Rhino at Work
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G21 330i Portimao Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekh929 View Post
Wow when i thought the decision could not get any harder up pops another option, any members with knowledge of the X Drive system and anyone drove the 320 X Drive back to Back with RWD to compare handling , also any reviews to compare yet. What is people opinion on a FWD BMW and how much more useful it would be in NE Scotland.
I feel the car will hold is value with X drive for the novelty value for a while, but will it add anything other than increased traction, and will this detract from the enjoyment of RWD.
Thanks BMW just when i was settled on 330D Auto after fighting my heart strings to cling to manual box, then they give me more options.
Derek,

Lots of opinions on here already but I thought I'd add mine. I had BMWs for 15 years, my last one being an E90 325d auto which was just awful in the bad winter of 2010/11. For a change I bought an A4 quatttro with the 3.0 TDI engine.

Whilst there is nothing essentially wrong with this car it just isn't a BMW. Where it does win hand down though is the 4WD. It's as if you get two cars for the price of one. In summer I love the way the system pulls you round corners as if you are on rails. It's different to BMW RWD and, of course, it's just a matter of opinion but I prefer it. In winter (and I go the whole hog and put on winter tyres) the grip and traction is just incredible - if you're currently driving a BMW auto on standard tyres you just wouldn't believe it.

So for all those reasons I would suggest that a 330d Xdrive would be a fantastic car for you. It's certainly top of my shopping list.
Appreciate 0