11-01-2012, 11:38 PM   #17
screenshot
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 LCI M3 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS View Post
This is all very well to state. However, based on the many years that I spent in the retail auto business, I can assure you that the five biggest factors in resale are : the model year, the condition of the vehicle, the odometer reading, and the exterior and interior colours. The wrong choice for interior can detract as much as $3-$4K from the ultimate value of your car. Beige interior would IMO be a wrong choice if resale is of concern to you.

Since you asked about the top 3 options beyond the MUST HAVES, I would suggest NAV, M adaptive suspension and Digital radio. The MUST HAVES for me would be M Sport pkg.,Bi-xenons and sunroof.
But you should buy only what is important to you.
You make a very different point DerekS about the interior colour choice as I have never really doubted my colour choice of Beige. Now that I come to think of it, why are most interiors black leather?? There must be something going on here.

Personally, I cannot live with Black interior, no offence to others who love it and breath it, i find it quite morbid and thus I like Beige. It gives you that decadent and inviting feeling but of course, you can't afford to mess with it and must dutifully maintain its appearance which would be too much for most.

How about the Coral Red? It looks great and complements the M Sport ideology but will it resale??
Appreciate 0