View Single Post
      03-04-2012, 08:19 PM   #65
TheVoiceOfReason
Rep
Drives: BMW(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JA///MES View Post
Longbow hit the nail on the head!!!!! Let's take care of the people who want the exclusivity of having an M first and then worry about the people who decided to be cheap and get the 328i with M everything! Everyone seems to do this and it's annoying because the people who actually own M's don't want to spend 9k on brakes that come on a Hyundai. Gonna change my screen name to TheVoiceOfTheReal//Ms! Lmao!

Exclusivity of having an M? I'm not sure what this means. The last M car to be truly exclusive was the 1M. After that in the U.S. I believe it would be the E36 M3 CSL IIRC. Frankly I do not consider any of the other M cars to be exclusive. They are mass production cars that anyone can own. Just because they cost more and don't sell quite in the volumes of the non-M does not make them exclusive.

I'm sorry but you are soon going to have to accept that the M badge is going to be appearing in a lot of places it shouldn't. I'm no more a fan of it than you are. It's also unfair to say "People decided to be 'cheap'" by buying a 328. Not everyone decides to track their car (quite unfortunate...they should). For many people the 328 is a perfectly acceptable car.

Your 9k Hyundai brake comment also doesn't seem to make much sense...Last I knew there has been no collaboration between Hyundai and BMW on their braking systems.
Appreciate 0