View Single Post
      01-02-2013, 10:21 PM   #25
verbs
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by David328M-Sport View Post
Hmmm. So why do the ultra hot middle eastern countries get fogs with their F30 M-Sport?
Oh I dunno, maybe because only say 10-20 335i M-sports per year get ordered to the middle east?

BMW lately sells about 400,000 3 series a year (260,000 are sedans) with 100,000 of those going to the U.S......(which comes to roughly 65,000 sedans).

Someone posted a while back that only about 1% of all 3 series in the U.S. are ordered with the M-sport package. So that's about 650 sedans a year in the U.S. getting this package a year, and probably closer to 1000 a year once all the F3x models come out. Over a 5 year run you're maybe gonna sell 5000 total M-sports in the U.S.

I'm a finance/accounting guy, and I can tell you that companies are much more apt to make one off changes for one large market like the U.S. as opposed to tiny ones like the middle east that might sell a whopping 100 M-sport cars over the next 5 years. Configuration changes for limited production runs like middle east 335i M-sports aren't worth the cost/benefit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David328M-Sport View Post
And is it ok for Australia to get less than 'perfect' F30 M-Sports compared to USA, because that's what it seems to be, according to your post.

What, BMW don't have enough engineering brain power to include fogs for USA cars, despite the weather????? No, I think that your cars being the cheapest on the planet come with some compromises. Not at all about hot climates & 'tweaks'. More about $$$ & 'tweaks'.
See above.
Appreciate 0