01-07-2013, 03:11 PM   #19
bmargolis
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacampbe View Post
Has anyone else had problems with an iPod Classic either crashing or locking up when plugged in using the combox? I'm trying to decide if our problem is the car's fault or the iPod's fault. It often crashes or locks when you first plug it in, or when restarting the car with it plugged in. But today it crashed (or rebooted itself) when we were driving down the highway.
I have a 160gb iPod Classic that lives in the console hooked up using a BMW "Y" connector. Every once in a while, maybe twice per month, it locks up and I need to hard reboot it. (hold the menu and center button until the Apple logo appears). It always works after that and I've never lost anything on the iPod.

I'm using a "Y" cable because with an Apple white USB cable, it will go into "Alvin and the Chimpunks mode" and play everything at a very fast speed. Apple even replaced the iPod and the new one did the same thing. I also had the exact same issues with this iPod in my 2012 550i xDrive.

2013 335i xDrive – 6-speed, AW, M Sport Line, Cold Weather, Dymanic Handling, Premium, Technology, 403M, Black Grills, Carbon Caps, Performance Exhaust
Appreciate 0