11-02-2012, 02:52 PM   #46
bmargolis
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Fenomeno 415 View Post
I'm taking delivery next week and I am obsessing over not ordering the full tech package hence no HUD for me. I just ordered the standalone navigation. After reading posts most people with HUDs love theirs but also a few seem indifferent and say its underwhelming. Wanted to ask people's opinion on must having a HUD or not and how it effects their actual driving experience. I know its a helpful option but does not having it spoil anything significant about the driving experience?

I passed on it while configuring because BMW Apps does not interest me whatsoever and I felt HUD was just an extra something "cool" to have in the car.

Thoughts??
It's improved from my 2010 550 to my current 2012 335. Now there are music functions, information, phone call information etc. that's in the HUD. I also could NOT see it at all in the 550 while wearing polarized glasses. In the 335 it's brighter and I can see it with my polarized sun glasses (although it's not so bright unless I tilt my head)

2013 335i xDrive – 6-speed, AW, M Sport Line, Cold Weather, Dymanic Handling, Premium, Technology, 403M, Black Grills, Carbon Caps, Performance Exhaust
Appreciate 0