shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by akeresztes View Post
This worked perfectly, I didn't have any real errors. This forum has been amazing help with figuring out coding and getting help - shawn especially has been really helpful.

One question - has anyone coded the auto high beam assistant yet? I do have the driver assistance package (rear camera, park distance control, blind spot detection, side&top camera) but don't have SLI, high beam assistant, lane departure warning. Seems like SLI needs an FSC code, but was wondering if high beam assistant was possible. Looking at the F10 thread it seems like it just need coding the following changes below:

-------------
FRM/3050/FLA_VERBAUT/aktiv
FRM/3050/FLA_AUTO_AKTIV/automatisch
HU_CIC/3000/HIGH_BEAM_ASSISTANT/aktiv
KAFAS/3015/FLA_ON_OFF/aktiv
-------------------

However, I couldn't find KAFAS module in my module list though, and I'm wondering if I'm just missing the appropriate hardware. I also saw some mentions about VO coding/changing FA for SLI but not sure I entirely followed all of it.

If anyone has gotten this working, any advice/help would be great.
Did you see this Post:

Quote:
I'm not 100% sure it's the same camera. I saw a BMW 7 Series LCI at the SF Auto Show the other day. It did not have a driver assistance package (LDW, etc.), just AHB. It was a separate camera mounted at the base of the mirror - not the "KAFAS" camera referenced above.

This is the standalone HBA camera:

This is the KAFAS camera [representation only], that can do HBA, collision avoidance, LDW, SLI, etc. It's wedge-shaped and mounted above the mirror:

Crazy enough, I've also seen cars with both with some early models.
It seems there may be a newer AHB Only camera, that does not use KAFAS camera.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0