07-03-2010, 03:57 PM   #5
E90 Skye
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Past9 View Post
BMW is the leader in the automotive industry?
Let's look here

-bmw is far from the most reliable, hell not even close to the upper bracket
-bmw does even come close to most in performance... Anything in the M series can easily get tromped chewed and spit out for half the price by GM
-if you consider plastic radiators, consistantly failing fuel pumps, crap window moldings, ac that can't ever get right and the list goes on

So to sum it up if leader in the automotive industry actually leads in none of the following I think someone needs a swift kick in the ass off the all mighty bmw fanboi wago before they sound any dumber
all the problems you just mentioned are viable problems for almost all auto makers.
You can say get smoked by a GM maybe a vette, and ss camaro but do either of those give you the same amount of luxury, refinement, balanced dynamics? (great cars, but not in the same categories)

I believe BMW is one of many leaders in the automotive industry. Typically you find the 3 series, 5, and 7 at the top of their respective categories. I think what makes an car manufacturer great is whether they accomplish what they set out to do. And in that respect, I feel bmw, honda, the new ford, even audi, to name just a few, now seem to do a great job at it.
CURRENT - E36 M3 Alpine White | BC Coils | FROMERLY - 2006 Jet Black 330i | Premium Package | ZF AT | LUX 4.0 | Jlevi M3 Front Bumper | CF Mtech spoiler | Gloss Black Grill | Msport wheel | Blacklines | Koni FSD + Eibach Pro-kit | BMS PBX
Appreciate 0