04-14-2013, 08:36 PM   #3264
vithy
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 F30 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibawal View Post
Did u talk to Kate? They told me just like Sean $3000 expense to dinky tooth audio only after I add navigation;(
Why the heck they would tell you any thing different? Unless they have configured or invent some thing different currently that clients don't know?
No. I spoke to someone called Jarek, a dealer for them in Toronto (JR Auto Chiptuning), I got their number from bimmerretrofit.com. Provided my VIN for them to verify. They got back to me saying it can be installed. I sent them an email after reading what you guys told me. They got back to me just now saying its not an issue and it can be installed with my HU. I have attached their response.

1) By the way, i was told that i cant get the Combox Media installed without Navigation, is that true? My car doesn't have navigation. It's a basic iDrive. Can you verify please.

Yes, You can have it installed- We checked it already

2) Would i have to remove the Combox every time i take the car to the dealer if they need to program the car?

It depends on many factors: first of all depends on dealer - if they compare list of equipment with original then they may refuse to service, secondly it depends on the other fitted equipment. It is only possible to say for sure after coding is done.
BTW: You don’t need to go to the dealer to have the car programmed- You can bring the car to our shop.

So i'm really confused. Are these guys correct? A buddy of mine also took his E90 to these guys for a retrofit an he stands by them. Any advice guys.
Appreciate 0