View Single Post
      09-11-2013, 10:26 AM   #15
martyl
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cleaner View Post
I agree completely, I think the point is more about BMW and the F30 not living up to expectation. We can argue about why BMW can't come out on top of the competition with the F30 and previous BMW models seem to have done better. Is the competition tougher or are the cost cutting at BMW catching up? There is also Regulatory BS that is forcing car manufacturers to make design choices that are tough to work around.

I think that is where I am with the reviews, they wont make me change my car choice and I hope it's a wake up call for BMW to really improve the F30 for the LCI.
I doubt BMW is getting any wake up call. They are selling a lot of 3 series cars, most of them no line base models which says something in and itself, and their sales numbers are quite impressive. They're going to put EPS in the M3/4 as Porsche has done in their cars though apparently Porsche has done a better job with it. Years ago the mags said the Infiniti G was better than the E90 and then they said the G's engine was harsh above 4000 rpm which it is IMO. If the 3 series has moved on to be the new 5 as some have said then I'm glad for it. They're living up to my expectations.