11-30-2012, 09:01 PM   #188
Reznick
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 M3 ,01 330,M240?

Quote:
Originally Posted by batislav View Post
Much more biased toward Mercedes than anything other German company.

They really focus on the emotion and feel, so loving autos from their country for that reason makes sense. They do like to poke fun at the US, so that could be at play, but I've certainly seen plenty of BMW people frustrated at Top Gear for not appreciating this or that vehicle.

Interestingly enough, it is the same concern with feel and difficult to quantify measures of performance, such as those that interest Clarkson in particular, that people seem to use to explain their preference for older 3 series to the F30, and thus their interest in a car that some consider truer to an e46 or whatever.

Anyway, you can be biased and still be right. Evaluate reviews for their content (supported by evidence), not the identity of the author, otherwise we can all use reviews we like and ignore the rest and all journalism is worthless.
I think F30AM got that what I was saying was sarcasm. We all carry bias with us ...its just a matter of how much. I just think Clarkson tends to be a little more biased then most people ,,,,,on the planet.
I fully agree I think the new 3series is better then the ATS, but the ATS is better than just a good car.Even if the the ATS was better then the 3, you'd never here it from Clarksons lips

Last edited by Reznick; 11-30-2012 at 09:06 PM.. Reason: added
Appreciate 0