View Single Post
      05-21-2012, 07:20 PM   #68
bananachipz
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 Mineral Gray 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk View Post
I'm not much of a waxer (I use Zaino however) but all of the recommendations of Optimum No Rinse got me to order some last night. I am intrigued.

I wonder however how much of the success is the product and how much is the procedure required.
It's the go-to wash for detail fanatics..

Procedure is easy (remember it's a wash, not a wax)..

-2 buckets (1 with a grit guard is preferred)
-in one bucket (the grit guarded one), fill with plain water
-put 1oz (2 cap fulls) of ONR in the other bucket, along with 2 Gal water. Mix it well (it doesn't foam up)
-Use a good wash mitt or sponge, dip it in the ONR solution and was a panel at a time.
-Wash the panel - don't go crazy though, no need to scrub. usually one pass is enough. You also don't want to press hard, you're just wiping the dirt away. Use more ONR if needed
- drop your wash mitt into the rinse bucket with plain water
- dry the panel with a chamois, micro fibre towel, waffle weave, whatever you use to dry. you do not rinse off the ONR.
- once dry, rinse out the wash mitt in the plain water (rub it against the grit guard if you're using one), dip it in the ONR again, and move on to the next panel.

I can do my entire car in about 20 minutes. Make sure you start from the roof and work down. I also leave the skirts and bumpers for last as they are the most dirty. Finally I do the wheels, but with a separate sponge, as I don't want to get my wash mitt crazy dirty with brake dust. The reason behind the second rinse bucket is to ensure your wash mitt doesn't drag dirt from the previous panel on to the next one

don't forget the windows too!

ONR is pretty versatile. It comes with different dilution instructions, as you can also make a quick detail spray out of it, or a clay lube.
Appreciate 0