12-26-2011, 10:21 AM   #33
Tacoma
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMWs for 30 yrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD 335is View Post
Would you buy a car when all you've seen is a picture of it? Of course not. Can you condemn a design feature when all you've seen is pictures? Possibly, but wouldn't you rather see it in person before you make up your mind?

Yeah, it looks different than the Nav in the E9x but get over it, it is what it is. And I ask again, if you're in the market for a car next year are you going to buy an Audi or a M-B just because you think the Nav screen in the F30 is "butt ugly"? If you buy one, a month later you won't even care. Much ado about nothing.
I'm not seeing any condemnation, just people stating their opinions on an Internet board. Of course one can change his/her minds after seeing this protrusion in real life or over time, but this is what we see now.

And it's not much ado about nothing. While a butt ugly design in and of itself won't deter a purchase decision, it is a negative point and if there are enough of them, then it could tip the scale towards Audi, MB or Lexus. I know many who turned to Audi or MB after seeing the Bangle designs when they first came out.
Appreciate 0