04-11-2012, 03:46 PM   #26
lewishamilton
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 335i SL MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceBarin View Post
I spent some time on the BMW CA website and I couldn't make sense of it either so you are not alone!

What's confusing to me is the part which says "as if that were not enough: the dynamic chassis characteristics of the new BMW 3 Series can be increased even further by selecting Sports mode, which is supplied as standard". What is standard? Sports mode? Sure, but a dynamic chassis implies adaptive suspension, at least to me. See here: http://www.bmw.ca/ca/en/newvehicles/...assis.html#t=l

I don't think it is standard though For example, the M Sport comes with suspension which BMW CA says is "lowered by ten millimetres with stiffer spring and damper settings as well as harder stabilisers", implying that other lines carry only standard suspension (note adaptive is the same height as M Sport, i.e. 10mm lower than standard).

Hopefully someone can clarify. My money is on E90 Fleet.
I had the exact same confusion when I was placing my order. Here is what I understand:

1.) Adaptive M Suspension isn't an option in Canada

2.) Sports suspension is a separate option regardless of which line you pick (i.e. Sport Line does not come with sports suspension).

3.) Original order guide does not have either suspension options, which I think was a mistake. Updated order guide has the option to add sports suspension.

I was able to catch my order just in-time before production started to add sports suspension when the updated guide came out. I would recommend adding it. It's still quite comfortable/livable as a daily driver and your car get's lowered by 10mm which IMHO makes it look so much better.