View Single Post
      02-13-2013, 07:58 AM   #23
n55x3
Captain
Rep
Drives: n55 BMWs

I say stick it out if you got a good deal on the car. Keep in mind you signed the papers in 2012 and as such the price of a 335i was less than it is now, by $750 I think.

I am deep in the wait game right now. I signed on 1/2 and at that time my dealer told me they had no 335i RWD allocations and they would attempt to trade with a southern dealer (I'm in the midwest which sees mostly Xi allocations). So to some extent they level set my expectations that it would take a while. I waited till the first week of February and sent an email asking for a status. Got a very detailed email from the CA's manager saying he was constantly trying to trade but none of the dealers he has traded with in the past were willing to trade as the demand was so high on the 335i right now. He told me there was a possibility I'd get a March allocation but he was also going to escalate to the regional manager to see if he could help. I was a bit discouraged so that night I began looking to buy from a southern dealer who had a near term allocation. Then the next day I get a call from the CA saying congrats your 335i build has been accepted by BMWNA and production would start soon. I called the BMWNA 800# and was told my car should begin production very soon. Not sure why my CA couldn't tell me nor do I know why there was no movement at all until I sent an email. Coincidence? Ultimately the car went into production on 2/12. I;m happy that I was patient enough to get the exact car I wanted.

I did spend a good deal of time scanning cars.com for a similar car and was willing to fly one way to CA or Texas or whatever to buy off a lot. Thing is, out of the nearly 700 335i RWD cars listed almost none of them had the adaptive suspension. I was so close to talking myself out of that option but again, I'm glad I didn't compromise as I would have been very disappointed in the static m-sport suspension. Plus I was skeptical of getting one off a lot because I know those would have seen numerous redline drives during test drives which scares me too.
Appreciate 0