View Single Post
      03-01-2013, 05:23 AM   #4
J1n
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: R8 V8 '14

Me too have pondered this for awhile now. Coming from a variation of cars in my teens I've always felt that Merc and Beemers were definitely prestige cars.

Now like David said I consider do consider my f30 a sports sedan. And the only version I think is true prestige is the 6 and 7 series. Even the 5 is a larger sports sedan, i would say 70% there but not really.

I personal opinion here but Lexus yes I said the "L" word and MB have definitely stepped it up on the requirements of being luxury mobiles, even the Audi's are improving alot in this area.

I have prompted this exact same question to my mates who have sat in my car and the majority gives me a comment that sway more towards the sporty side.

For me a luxury component must have the following:

-no cheap feel upon entering the vehicle, quality interior no cheap buttons plz
-a silent ride
-comfortable suspensions
-great tech and of course safety

I have owned a honda accord euro before and for the price you'd pay for one of these 37ish K if i remember correctly you definitely get most bang for buck. I still recommend alot of my friend to get them. Of course it has terrible 0-100 score.

Just had a look at pricing for a 6'er GoSH close to 200k. I can never justify forking out that sort of money. I'd like to see if BMW will be able to bridge this GAP whenever the new 5er is due.

I'd like to know what other cars ppl have considered too . Cheers
Appreciate 0