Rep
Drives: G80 M3 6MT

Garage List
2022 G20 330i  [9.00]
2018 F80 M3  [9.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidlyboy View Post
I think I've changed my mind already...

I only started to look at a DIY Angel Eye retrofit because I wasn't willing to shell out $3000-$3500 for a new headlight assembly, but I was only gonna do it if 1) they were quality Ring LEDs that were going to last, and 2) they looked good. After studying these LEDs a little, they look far from good, and I guess their price is just a reflection of that. After all, there are a lot of inherent risks in breaking apart your housing (e.g. bad seal leading to moisture/fogging in headlights), and I can't be re-opening every month to replace the LEDs. For me, it would be a one-shot deal, so I would need to insure the LEDs were top-notch, looked OEM, and was a style I liked. The closest ones that fit that bill were the ones by oneighty nyc, but they are a bit pricey ($280), and they are currently out of them anyways.

Then I found the F30 thread yesterday about the company in AU - Mars Performance that's selling a pair of fully sealed new headlight assembly retrofit with Angel Eyes built-in already. The style of the Angel Eyes doesn't look quite as good as the oneighty nyc ones, but they somewhat stylish. And the cost for the pair is like $800!! So i'm sorta leaning in that direction now. Unfortunately, they are also out of stock, and plus they won't be returning to the office until next week, as the office is shut down currently for the holiday season.

Unless a better quality LED solution comes out that is quality/classy, reasonably priced, and has a style to my liking (e.g. audiblue18's custom hexagons), i'm probably going the Mars route.
Can't say I disagree with you. If you do get the MARS unit please do post a nice review, it seems that no one on the forums has them (or has posted a review)