View Single Post
      02-18-2013, 03:48 AM   #230
J1n
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: R8 V8 '14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemed
Hi all, new to the forum....have been lurking for a while, doing loads of research and have found it incredibly valuable....this pricing post particularly (and ones on paint protection), so many thanks indeed from a neewbie!

Was both exhilarated and mortified at the same time when I settled on a BS MSport 328i......mortified that I'd potentially have to wait ages (couldn't bear 7 months of torture!!!) was amazed when the dealer said they had 7 Msport BS's in stock!....Decided then I definitely couldn't wait for a 328i build with the dream spec and was very happy to see this Oct 2012 build with 27k's on the odo;

F30 328i
Msport
BS
Dakota black leather
Black gloss highlight trim
Aluminium trim
Adaptive M running gear
Variable sport steering
Sunroof
NavPro
Internet
Music interface for smartphone
Ext Connectivity
Bi-Xenon

(Only "oh bugger" item missing for me really was HUD....loved it in the demo I tested but reckon I can live without it (i hope!)

Originally quoted $$72,590 + taxes and DD ($4101) with LCT at $2695, so all up $90,163.

Took advantage of the corporate program via the Mrs (you can use spouses company as long as the car is registered in both names) so very happy with the 4 yr servicing....asked to get another years warranty (I'd seen someone else had managed that) but was a no go , so just the 3 yrs as normal.

After a bit of juggling back n forth and applying the Corporate Program discount (DD was reduced to $1850 or so) managed to get the price down to $82,000....which I'm fairly pleased with (was trading in and got about the right $$ I was after)

All in all, a great experience so far...terrific dealer service and a straight-up sales chap (I'm in sales and really appreciate a decent salesman!)

Pick up Thu/Fri!!!!! ....it's going to be an exciting lead up!!

Opting for Opti-coat and 3M tint from a detailer but have to wait 4 weeks or so before he can squeeze me in.
(off topic....anyone had 2 coats applied?...I hear you can layer, is it worth it?
and has anyone had their wheels done as well?)

Agin....thanks guys for all the posts and knowledge....it has given me a lot of insight and peace of mind!
Congrats mate. Share some pics when ur ready =)
Appreciate 0