Reznick
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 M3 ,01 330,M240?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjames View Post
The answer there is simple mathematics.

If you are wealthy and are looking for a $50,000 imported luxury car to impress others you basically have two choices: BMW 3 and Mercedes C

If you are not quite wealthy and are trying to show others that you've made a little bit of money, you have multiple choices: Audi, Infiniti, Lexus, Cadillac, Acura

If you don't have any money you have many choices: Honda, Toyota, Nissan, Ford, Chevrolet, Buick, Mazda, Kia, Hyundai, and on and on.

There are simply many more choices at lower price points then there are for those of us looking for the status symbols. Therefore more 3 Series are sold than some Mazda because the BMW sits in a group of 2 whereas the Mazda sits in a group of 20.

BJ
Bolt,,this ( & other things) is where you lose me. You continue to talk about people buying 3 series as being "wealthy" and then you go on to list cars that"less wealthy people "drive all, of which easily can push 50K.
I absolutely love the 3's I own , but by no means are they symbol of "wealth" .There is a reason the 3 is BMW's best selling car around the world.Yes the status symbol has a lot to do with it , but so does the price.The entry price is pretty low. A 328 starts at 35K.(Caddy CTS 35K, Lexus IS350 35K,Audi A4 32k, all base price Drive through Miami, parts of California or NJ and they are as common as a Honda Accord. To anyone else reading this, please don't take it that I'm bashing the 328(I'm ready to plunk my $ down on a 4 series as soon as I can) I love the new 328 , but I owned a brand new 3 series when I was about 24 and I never thought it made me appear "wealthy" as BoltJames seems to insist and he's supposedly 50 and is worth 4 million
Appreciate 0