View Single Post
      10-07-2015, 10:30 AM   #1
ksa
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: Aston Martin Vantage & others

12 M3 Coupe vs 12 650i Coupe

So the reason I am putting this in the universal forums is because I am looking for some unbiased opinion from people vs biased opinion from the owners of either of these two vehicles.

Long story short, I swapped my C63 AMG for the M3 as listed in my signature about 2 months ago. At the time, I was after a good looking vehicle that I liked and which was preferably AWD as we get pretty bad winters in Alberta. I made an emotional decision and ended up picking the M3 because well I always wanted one and I found this extremely rare gem and couldn't resist. Also because at the time I didn't have many other options to compare it with at my local dealership.

Now however I see that they have tons of low mileage 650i coupe's with x-drive that aren't really that far off in terms of pricing and it got me thinking. I love the way they look so that is not an issue but I also love the way the E92 M3 looks, especially mine. I messaged my sales guy and he will obviously be more than happy to work out a deal but literally two months after changing vehicle I would have to be some seriously compelling reasons to justify another swap to my wife/family.

At this point even I am not sure if it's the right thing to do. I love the ///M label and I feel that carries some 'exclusivity' with it just AMG did, but that is being diluted in today's market as well. Anyway, just looking for some opinions as to what you guys would pick and why.

AWD is a definite advantage in the 650i but I have picked up winter tires for the M3 as well and intend to drive it sparingly in winter every now and then. I drove my C63 AMG in winter and it was okay for the most part but obviously not as good as an AWD vehicle. TO make it a little fun, I guess I will make it a poll. Let's here your guys' opinions.
Appreciate 0