10-08-2015, 11:26 AM   #20
ksa
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: Aston Martin Vantage & others

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post
Keep the M3 if you care about handling and love the raw feel of it. RWD with proper snow tires will be nearly as good as AWD. I had a RWD 550 with snow tires on it and didn't have any issues during the winter.

Go with the 650 if you prefer to have a ultra plush luxury vehicle. The 650 is a rocket sled and it will walk your M3 easily in a straight line (i've done it before in my 550 with the same engine) but it won't handle anywhere as good as your M3. Also keep in mind how long you plan on owning the car. The N63 is a very problematic engine as mileage creeps up there.

Alan
I assume the 650i would be a little quicker up here considering our altitude as well. That being said, if I really cared about the straight line speed I should have stuck with my modded C63 AMG which was an absolute rocket in a straight line. I find myself enjoying the M3 more than that even when it lacks substantially in the torque department. That being said I am not sure if the 650 or 550 will 'walk' the M3 though, that might be a stretch.

Which one is the N63 engine? 650i? As for ownership, every time I get a new car I think I will keep it for 3-4 years but after about a year and half I get bored and start looking at other things. Never thought I would switch from the C63 in 2 years as it was a car I wanted bad for a while but yup. I don't think the M3 will be any different, although I am not single anymore so the wife may not let the change happen as often as I would like. Haha.
Appreciate 0