Versipellis
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 F36 440i xDrive M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttfn1111 View Post
Hi,

Firstly, thanks for the posts, this put me in the right direction.

I have just taken deliver of a 2016 X5 with blind spot detection (BSD) and the V1 I have spent all it's time going off.

I was going to try turning off POP as suggested but when I went into the programming of the unit I noticed that there were bands turned on that are not used in the UK i.e. X and Ka, so I turned them off and the false alarms stopped from the BSD system (which you don't appear to be able to turn off). So I deduced that the BMW BSD must be either running on X or Ka band.

And yes, the V1 is a whole lot quieter with X and Ka turned off.... pity it took me so long to work it out... I have only had the V1 for about 5 years....
This thread's a couple of years old now. How old is your V1? I know they released a firmware update a year or two ago that pretty much eliminated most "noise" from PDCs and BSDs. You can send your V1 in to get it updated.