12-12-2012, 09:26 PM   #13
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireline43 View Post
Yea they do. I've learned in business your better off with the bigger picture rather then trying to screw over as many people as you can. But that doesn't seem to be the motivation here. I think I'm going to stick to my original plan and keep my car until it's paid off then lease a second new bmw as my daily driver.
don't give up without even trying... make a couple calls, send a few emails, you never know. My CA is pretty straight forward and (at least seemingly) honest. He's primarily their corporate (fleet) salesman, but fielded my internet request and basically gives me good deals with no hassle. If I get a couple quotes elsewhere, he matches them. He's also been twice the best price on a trade-in, once for me, once for my father-in-law. In fact, we had a year left on a previous lease we traded in on my wife's X3, and he got us enough on a trade to get out of the lease (not so easy to do considering the residual was high), while still getting me just as good a lease price as anywhere else, including other dealers where I never mentioned the trade. It can be done and if the car is worth as much as you're thinking it is (based on the 33k you saw), you surely have options. Just a matter of going in with the facts in mind and knowing that you don't have to do a damn thing. You really have nothing to lose as long as you don't get gaga over an M3 in the showroom or something
Appreciate 0