View Single Post
      11-10-2012, 03:28 PM   #1
SomeRandomer123
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: F30 328i Luxury - Sport Auto

F30 Interior Lighting Demo

I've always been impressed by the interior lighting in the F30. The colour is nice, the cabin is well lit up and the ambient lighting at night time with the lights on is gorgeous. I have mine in "Mode Luxury" so it's white.

Anyway, there have been many threads on the night time ambient lighting - on the doors, pillars, roof, etc...

However, I don't recall anything on what I've spotted!

The main lights in the roof are also very clever. Unlock the car and they all come on (that's centre, right & left individual lights, both front and back as you will know). But here's the nice touch, if you open the drivers door (or passenger doors, but we'll use the driver as an example for now) the relevant individual light/reading light will illuminate further whilst the rest of the cabin is dulled, highlighting the driver compartment only. When you're in and the door is shut, the footwell lights that were activated shut off and the rest of the interior is once again illuminated.

It's just the little things like that which make you smile, so I thought a video was in order!
I've even made it 1080p for you

Gone: 2006 BMW E60 520d SE 6MT
Gone: 2009 BMW E90-LCI 330d SE 6MT
Current: 2012 F30 328i Luxury 8AT
On Order: 2015 Audi A6 Avant Ultra, Black Edition (sorry!)
Appreciate 0